Some of our sugar gliders heard that it’s Friday and are waking up and coming out to celebrate the weekend!
Our favorite time of the day is when we have the opportunity to spend time with all of our wonderful animals! This usually involves lots of love and delicious treats! Check out some pictures of our animals eating some of their favorite treats!
HERE ARE A FEW OF OUR COLD BLOOD FRIENDS (ALSO KNOW AS ECTOTHERMS) TAKE A NICE SWIM TO COOL OFF IN THE HOT WEATHER
Acacia relaxes in the sun after a long day hunting worms and crickets
What is your favorite thing to do on a Monday afternoon?
Now, here at Wild Wonders, we’re all about education. So on this wonderful daylight savings Sunday, we’d like to teach everyone how to recognize the many angles and shapes of a groundhog!
Now you can all recognize a groundhog from all sides!
Let’s thank our ever-so-cooperative model, Roland the Groundhog!
Here is Armando, one of our six-banded armadillos, taking an afternoon nap.
He must be having a good dream!
4. Victor, our male _________, is the fastest land animal in the world with his ability to run at speeds up to 70 mph.
6. Although they don’t look like relatives of the raccoon, this rain forest dweller is sometimes called the original Winnie the Pooh because of its love for honey.
7. Flick and Finn, Wild Wonders’ two ________ Fox ambassadors, are among the smallest foxes in the world, yet have huge ears to help them keep cool in the heat.
8. This animal at Wild Wonders is a marsupial native to North America. Although some think this animal has a prehensile tail, it is actually only semi-prehensile and not strong enough to hang by.
9. Wild Wonders has several Burmese Pythons with red eyes and yellow coloring. This pigmentation is because they are _________ Burmese Pythons
1. Known for being some of the best moms in the reptile world, Wild Wonders is home to six American ________.
2. Wild Wonders has Hairy Screaming Armadillos and Six-Banded Armadillos but neither can roll into a full ball. What type of armadillo can? A _____-_______ Armadillo
3. Many of our animals at Wild Wonders are ________, meaning they sleep during the day and are awake at night.
5. Wild Wonders has two beautiful _________, also known as Asian Bearcats.
8. Archie, our Great-Horned ______, is an excellent hunter partially due to his ability to fly almost silently and sneak up on his prey.